3. Types of Information We Collect
The types of information we collect depends on your relationship with Third Cedar LLC (“Downybird”) and the requirements of applicable law. Third Cedar LLC collects some or all of the following information from you when you access our Site in the following ways:
A. Information You Directly Supply to Us
• Order Information: When you place an order with us, we collect information relevant to your purchases such as your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, phone number, and payment information. This allows us to process your order, communicate with you regarding your order, and pass your payment information on to Shopify Payments or to our third-party payment processing partners such as PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and others.
• Communications Sign-Up: If you sign up to receive emails or other forms of communication regarding our products and services, we may collect information such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address.
• Customer Service: If you contact customer support, we may collect information such as your email address, mailing address, phone number, and reason for contact.
• Account Information: You have the option to register to create an account on our Site. If you create an account, we collect your email address and/or username, password, and order history. If you choose you may opt to input more information including your name, phone number, payment information, shipping address, and billing address.
• Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions: If you choose to participate in a contest, promotion, or sweepstake, we may collect information such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address, and any other information you choose to include in your submission. Your information may be used to contact you regarding the contest, sweepstake, or promotion, and for other promotional and marketing purposes. If you hold an account with us, we may note your participation in a contest, sweepstake, or promotion in your account.
B. Information from Other Sources
• Third-Party Service Providers: We may receive information about you from third-party service providers (e.g., Shopify, Google Analytics, Mailchimp) we use to enhance our ability to run our site and provide you with information regarding our products and Services.
C. Automated Information
• When you access the Site, Third Cedar LLC (or a third-party service provider we utilize) may collect certain technical information automatically, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, internet service provider, mobile carrier, device identifiers, cookie identifiers, Media Access Control (MAC), International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), addresses, referral/exit data (pages you visited before and after using our Site), date and time of your site access, time zone, language, geo-location, and your browsing habits and actions. We may utilize this information to tailor your user experience in line with your preferences and analyze audience patterns.
4. Information We Share
Third Cedar LLC may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
(a) To provide transactional services, such as to fulfill orders, communicate about order status, reply to questions and requests, and process payments for products purchased.
(b) To provide administrative services, such as to communicate to verify account information, maintain a contact database, respond to customer service queries, provide delivery updates, to manage inventory, measure interest in products, fraud protection, conduct internal research and development, and to enforce our Terms of Service.
(c) To perform marketing and advertising, such as to notify you about promotions, offers, special events, products, and business services that may be of interest to you via periodic, emails, mailings, newsletters, and text messages.
(d) Analytics and Research, such as market analysis to improve product offerings, identify trends and improve customer experience.
(e) We may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest such as to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, fraud protection, security threats.
5. Sharing Information
Third Cedar LLC reserves the right to share information collected through our Site with the following categories of third parties:
(a) We may share any personal information we receive with third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf. These may include but are not limited to web hosting, data analytics, payment processing, fraud protection, order fulfillment, warehousing, billing disputes, and customer service requests.
(b) We may share personal information regarding your use of our Site with third-party advertising vendors or allow third-party vendors to use tracking tools such as “cookies” on our Site for the purpose of remarketing and re-engagement. To opt-out, visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org to reconfigure your device settings.
(c) We may share personal information with our consultants and advisors in relation to business functions including but not limited to financial services, legal services, and insurance services.
(d) We may disclose personal information to (i) comply with law enforcement or regulatory requests, such as a subpoena or court order or other legal processes (ii) prevent or investigate suspected or actual illegal activity such as identity theft or fraud (iii) disclose, in good faith, any information that we believe is unlawful without notice.
6. User Information Management/Opt-Out
7. Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. Third Cedar LLC uses TLS 1.3 (Transport Layer Security) to process all payment and personally identifiable information provided via our Site. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal privacy is safeguarded. However, no website or electronic data storage solution is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that your information will be completely secure. Please be aware of this fact before submitting any personal information via our Site. If a security breach does occur, we may make a reasonable effort to notify you. By providing your personal information or using our Site you agree to receive electronic communications relating to security and privacy concerns.
8. Data Retention
9. Privacy of Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to access this Site. If you believe we received information from a child under 13 without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to erase the information,
10. California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you are granted certain rights under California law pertaining to your personal information. These rights include:
a. The Right to Know: You may request to know what personal information has been collected, used, shared, or sold within the 12-month period preceding your request free of charge.
b. The Right to Delete: You may request that we delete your personal information at any time. We will make a reasonable effort to process such requests within the timeframe permitted by applicable law. We reserve the right to retain certain information when permitted by the applicable law for business, regulatory and legal purposes.
c. The Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We will make a reasonable effort to process such requests within the timeframe permitted by applicable law.
You may not be denied goods or services for choosing to exercise your rights under California law. If you are a resident of California, you may contact us at hello@downybird to make your request. To process your request, we may be required to take steps to verify your identity.
11. Policy Updates